Thursday 20 October 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for the fact that we have had no snow so far. Do not get me wrong I love snow!! I love when everything is so fresh and clean. However with temps still above zero everyday snow would be messy and dangerous right now. Although it would not stay for all winter yet, it would make driving treacherous.

I will most willingly wait until the temps start staying consistently below zero everyday. This by the way is zero Fahrenheit for my non Canadian friends. :)  

I am also thankful that the farmers were able to get their crops all off and all the fields cleaned up in preparation for next spring. This is not always possible every year. A few years ago we had snow October 10 and it stayed all winter long.

All this being said I will treasure when we do get snow. I love looking at it fall, being out in it, playing in it and also being inside on a cold blizzardly day all snug and warm under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.

I am linking up today with Brandy over at The Marathon Mom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful we haven't had snow yet! I'm Canadian too so I always enjoy the warmer weather when we can have it :). My dad's a farmer and I was so thankful that he got all his crops off. I love how farming brings everyone together -- uncles, brothers, husbands all joining together to get the farming done. Thank you for stopping by my site :).

    ReplyDelete