Thursday 29 December 2011

Thankful Thursday





I was completely blessed this season.

Not only did my handsome hubby and amazing children get me some beautiful gifts but I also was blessed to spend it with all my children and handsome hubby.

We spend Christmas morning together enjoying being around each other, taking our time opening presents and just being our family. Then we all headed in town to see my side of the family. My Mom and Dad, two sisters and their hubbies and my brother and his wife ( whom came all the way from Thailand for the season) were all their. Some various nieces and nephews as well.
This time was precious. My parents are both in their 80's, my brother and his wife I haven't seen in 3 years. How wonderful of a day could it possibly have been you ask? Pretty darn wonderful I say.
( I will be posting pics soon as I get a chance to sit down and upload them)

Then the next day we headed to Rob's parents for another Christmas celebration. This time it was all of Rob's family except a niece and our middle son was there. ( I probably should mention that with only missing two members the entire family that was there was 10. Two parents, two sons, two spouses and two kids to each brother and two missing. Sounds like a trend. :) )
This was also a blast. Lots of laughs and time spent being with each other.

I have spent a lot of time this season being surrounded by family and honestly I loved all  most of it. Memories were made and memories were remembered. Times that I know I will look back on with love and treasure forever.

Thanks be to God for making this happen, for giving my hubby the time off, for making sure my brother and his wife could be down, for having not only my parents but also my hubbies parents still alive and well, for giving my the chance to spend Christmas morning with the five of us and for most of all sending His Son to die for us.

I am so so so so Thankful!!!

I am linking up today with Brandy over at The Marathon Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment