Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's!!!!

What a great day to tell someone you love them.
Whether it is your spouse, your significant other, your children, your parents, your siblings, friends, etc...

I am very fortunate to have an amazing husband who I love with all my heart.

I truly believe he completes me. He can easily make the worst things seem better. We compliment each other very well. Unless we are arguing you rarely see both of us angry at the same time. We always manage to balance each other out.

Now as you know we are in the process of trying to buy a house so money is exceptionally tight right now. However I could not let the day pass without notice. Especially since this is the first Valentines that we have been able to even see each other in 5 years.

So I planned for a couple months what I wanted to do. I scoured Pinterest and managed to come up with a couple ideas. One I really wanted to do and that my printer stopped working so I am going to save it for our anniversary in a couple months.
I knew that I wanted to make his favorite supper, which is spaghetti and meat sauce. Pretty easy to do. The other thing I found on there was these adorable little pies in the shape of hearts. I knew I also wanted to attempt to make my own pie crust so back to Pinterest I went and found this great Pioneer Woman pie crust recipe.
So here I am last night making the crust and throwing it in the freezer overnight. This morning I browned the meat for the spaghetti sauce and got right to work on making the little pies. Now my original plan had been to make my own filling but time ran out and I had a can of apple pie filling in my cupboard that was just begging to be used up. I used almost all the crust, (I have one more package saved up for another time) and still had have the can left so I grabbed some frozen tart shells out and filled them up. Cut up cute little hearts for pie tops and voila another surprise. For the leftover pieces I sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top and baked them as well and made a cute little treat for my daughter.
Now hubby got home around 7:30. I had laid out the pies and tarts onto a plate on the counter. Had made him a plate with spaghetti, meat sauce and parm cheese, covered it and put in the fridge and then wrote him a little note. When I phoned when I was on my way home from Sarah's dance he told me he was stuffed. He loved it all.
I am so happy that I planned enough in advance that I was able to show him in this manner just how much he means to me.
I hope that everyone today had a fantastic day.
Does anyone else have some great stories that they would like to share with me on how they spent the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment