Thursday 9 February 2012

Thankful Thursday

This week has been a turning point. Or should I say more specifically today. 
Today my daughter (in her words) had an epiphany. I must say I almost chuckled at this. Her epiphany happened during school today while she was reading a story. In the story it was about keeping your head high in time of trouble and you will reap rewards. Now I would be remiss if I didn't say that I am torn between being absolutely thrilled for her and part wanting to choke her. I have been saying the same thing to her for the past several months, her dance teacher had a long similar talk with her on Tuesday, and she gets the epiphany while she is reading a story?  
But hey lets be honest I am so thrilled to have this girl back. She has done a 180 degree turn. She is happy, joking around, working hard and getting praised. Everyone and I do mean everyone noticed the difference today. She had people coming up to her and telling her how much she had improved over last week.
I am so thankful that she is growing up and finding her way. 
I am thankful that she is realizing that hard work pays off.
I am thankful that she is happy again, smiling and joking around.
I am thankful that the she wants to pray again. 
I am thankful that God helped us get through this.
I am thankful that once again she is enjoying full hardily dance. She is working her body the way that she does so well.  
I am thankful that she is growing. Not physically this time but mentally as well as spiritually. 
It makes this mamma's heart full and happy.

I am linking up today with Brandy over at The Marathon Mom. This beautiful Mom is expecting her eighth boy any day now. So exciting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment