Thursday 8 March 2012

Thankful Thursday

I did a happy dance around the house this afternoon.
Why you might ask?
Well...
I got the trip to Las Vegas for Sarah's dance all booked!!! Whoohooo!!! 
It was starting to stress me out some.  
I even managed to save a pile of money because we were flexible on our leave date and because I booked a package deal. 

Then tonight my daughter and I are talking about her nightly devotions and how it affects her personal life. I love that God showed her tonight what she needed to hear. I also loved hearing her pray for thankfulness.

I am so thankful for a hubby that enjoys his job. (most of the time)
He is really good at it as well and well liked by many of the guys. He often goes above and beyond and continually shows me what an amazing man he is.

I am linking up today at Red Oak Lane

10 comments:

  1. Great job on getting a good deal! and love seeing you appreciate your husband ;)
    Enjoying your thanks each week--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my site! Wow, a trip to Vegas - one of those places on my bucket list. I love that your daughter prayed for thankfulness. How wonderful that you both talk about God and His presence in your everyday lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying watching her grow as a young Christian woman. Her young faith has taught me so much. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! A trip to Vegas sounds like a great experience! How wonderful that your daughter is praying for thankfulness! You are doing something right, Mom! :-) Many blessings to you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you Lisa!! Being a Mom is so hard and I often find I second guess myself. :)

      Delete
  4. your blog looks great! good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenilee! I am loving it!! I get such a thrill of opening it and see my header now. LOL I am such a goon.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking up!! Wow-a Vegas trip--awesome!! Also, so inspiring that your daughter got the message she needed!

    I read your "about me" in the side column--I just turned 40--I feel 20! I can't wrap my head around being 40! I also suffer from undiagnosed depression sometimes.

    I hope blogging helps you with the loneliness- I know it helps me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa. Thanks for stopping by.
      Yes this 40 thing really threw me for a loop. I definitely do not feel like a 40 year old. (Whatever that is). I always joke and say I am 26 but my children are starting to catch me. LOL

      The blogging has helped SO SO SO much. I love the connection that I am getting with such wonderful women and I am meeting more everyday. This was definitely God chosen and directed. :)

      Delete