Thursday 22 March 2012

Thankful Thursday

We got dumped on Monday with snow.
 And by dumped on I mean we went from none to this...


Poor kitty was so lost. She had never experienced this much snow in her life. She is a year.

Good thing this car is waiting to get a motor in it. :)

Plus we are getting another wicked storm tonight.
Now with all this I am thankful you might ask?
Yes I very much am!!!
I am thankful first and foremost that the farmers are getting the moisture that they so desperately needed. We had no water laying around before this dump. Any bit of snow that melted was lapped up by mother earth fast. This bunch plus what we are getting tonight is by no means enough but it will sure help.

I am thankful that I had no where to go on Monday. We received all this snow in about 4-6 hours. I am so thankful that Sarah did not have dance that day and that boys were not out on the roads working.

I am thankful that the plows were out early in the morning and that my hubby had a safe drive to work the next day.

I am thankful that with the storm tonight that I made it safety into town and back home again. The roads are a mess tonight. Icy, slushy, blowing snow. I am thankful that God protected us.

Now this might sound a little crazy but boy of boy does it look pretty outside. :)

I am linking up today with Theresa at Red Oak Lane.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my kids would have LOVED to get your snow. SO amazing all that in 4-6 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter thought it was awesome. She is 14. But then honestly when I was out taking pictures the next morning I was pretty giddy myself. LOL

      Delete
  2. It is beautiful! My kids have so wanted a big snow this year. We didn't get ANY! (and that is after two years of record-setting snow fall). We would have liked to gone sledding at least once. lol. But, instead, we have almost 80 degrees in March. Go figure! :-)))
    Hope you have a great weekend! Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first real dump we have had. We love to get outside and enjoy all the snow but haven't been able to this year. Now we get snow and we are too busy to enjoy it. LOL
      Thank you Lisa, I hope you have an amazing weekend as well.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for linking up!

    I love snow as long as we have nowhere to go and my husband can get to and from work safely--or better yet, stay home!!!

    Great points on the farmers getting the water they need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I love Thankful Thursday! Such a great way to remember to give praise. Even when I don't feel like it, I find there is always something to be thankful for. :)

      The farmers most definitely need moisture and if this is the way God chooses to give it to them who am I to complain. :)

      Delete
  4. We love snow so much - we just don't happen to get any in Southwest Florida - but we have plenty of sand and sea shells ;) We love the snow - I'd be giddy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kelli,
      I love the sand and sea shells. We used to live in Western BC on Vancouver Island and I miss the smells, the air and the temperature. LOL.
      However being born in the prairies I also love my snow. :)
      If you guys got all this snow I am not sure giddy would be the right word. LOL :)
      I hope you had a blessed weekend.

      Delete