When I saw this on Pinterest I knew I had to give it a try.
So one day last week we had to go to town and I made a list and managed to convince hubby of the stuff we needed to buy. I was buying for about 6 different crafts so some of it he looked at me like I had lost my mind. Now that he is seeing some of them done he is much happier. :)
The first one I made was a bit of a flop. In fact I ended up throwing it out.
First of all I cut too large of a piece of hose and then I tried attaching it together with duct tape. Bad idea. After I spray painted it, you could still see the duct tape. Not pretty.
The second one turned out way better and Sarah and I made another one today.
You start with some dryer vent hose. I found a package of white. You can also use silver as shown in the Pinterest picture. However the most important of course is that it is flexible. We found this package for about $5.00 for 20 feet. I have enough to make some pumpkins for a while. LOL
I then took scissors and cut off a section. When it came to the wire part I just used my husbands wire cutters. It you didn't have any I am sure you could probably cut it with a really strong pair of scissors.
I never measured the first two. As you know the first one was a flop so for the second one I made it substantially smaller. I just curled it around until it formed a circle. Today I thought I would measure so stretched out it was 26" and squeezed together it was 1".
|Please ignore all my junk in the background.|
Then I took it outside and spray painted it this gorgeous orange. It took a bit of spraying from different angles to get into all the crevices but only one coat on both sides.
Then I simply went looking for a small branch, and trimmed it to the size I wanted. I didn't want it sticking to far out of the pumpkin, but again this could be adjusted to whatever your preference was.
Then I dabbed some hot glue in the center and pushed the stick through. It is a pretty tight push so you probably won't even need the hot glue.
This was super easy and fast. The longest time it took was the drying time for the spray paint. It now sits up on my cupboard and I love it. The finished product looks so cute.